Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Opening post... Brief description... Reasons.

Ok, so here it goes. It has been a very long time since I (we,us,the world) lost my dad. Sixteen years as of this writing. I miss him very much, but more than that, I am starting to forget him.

Lemme'splain:
1. My dad wasn't alive for the era of digital photography in which our pictures are taken every 3 minutes, so I don't have many images of him.
2. He wasn't famous and didn't have books written about all of his conquests and accomplishments, so I don't have many stories about him.
3. It is typically very painful for anyone who was close to him to speak about him at length, so I don't talk about him much.

What I am left with is my own memory, which is fading as it gets older. I am left with the inability to answer questions that Nicholas Jr may have about his Pop Charlie. I am left with a growing, uneasy feeling that I will forget.

That is what brings us here. The purpose of this blog is for anyone and everyone who knew my dad to post stories, images, jokes, anecdotes, parables, one-liners,..... Dirty lymericks, whatever. Any and all memorabilia related to my dad, Charlie Giardina

Come back often. I will add anyone who would like to be an author. For those who don't wish to be an author, email me your stuff and I will post on your behalf.

And most importantly, PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, tell everyone that you know that knew him to come and document his life.

Thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Nick, thanks. After I think a bit, I will definitely post.

    ReplyDelete